If you are a startup you need to identify the medium through which you are gonna conduct your message which raises a new question in mind about the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing
The viral competition now day creates a new definition of traditional and digital marketing and before getting in details and know what is the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing? we have to know each one of them in a separate way.
There is no doubt that Selecting the right marketing type is something of interest for all marketers and business owners who wonders about the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing and wish is better for their business.
What is traditional marketing?
It is the normal marketing that we all know involves traditional channels, like billboards and printed media. this promotion can reach clients in an offline way
Traditional marketing channels include:
- Outdoor (Billboards, bus/taxi wraps, posters, etc)
- Broadcasting (TV, Radio, etc)
- Print (Magazines, newspapers, etc)
- Direct mailed postcards(catalogs etc)
- Telemarketing (Phone, text message)
- Window display and signs
This type of ad was placed for a fee depending on the size or duration of the ad and the medium it’s published through. It was the only way of marketing until the discovery of the internet.
Advantages of traditional marketing:
- Traditional marketing may works better with a group of audiences above 50 years. studies stated that most elderly people spend much time reading newspapers and watching TV.
- TV or radio commercial ads play a lot of time which can help get the attention of the audience where digital marketing may suffer the fate of being spam or being blocked.
- billboards, flyers, and events may be better for small businesses or startups than compete for digital space against larger businesses.
- More memorable seeing something in real life so effective than seeing it through the screen.
- Printed materials last longer and are more permanent.
Disadvantages of traditional marketing:
- Printing materials are expensive and maybe the recipient is not interested in the product or services you offer.
- Traditional marketing can take weeks and months to start to see an impact in the field.
- The insights or the data analysis of traditional marketing campaigns are not accurate.
What is digital marketing?
Due to the major increase in digital services in our life and social media is taking a big share in our daily life digital marketing term came to life.
Simply digital marketing is the use of all digital platforms to deliver a message or promote a product or service.
There are a wide variety of digital marketing platforms including:
- social media platforms
- Search engine optimization(SEO)
- search engine marketing(SEM)
- Content marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Email marketing
- PPC (pay per click)
What are the 4 P’s of digital marketing?
Process, people, platforms, and performance are the four p’s for digital marketing which offers digital marketing agencies a completely new way for customizing their message to meet their targeted persona needs.
There are another 4 p’s for a successful digital marketing campaign which are price, product, promotion, and place which have been the cornerstone of digital marketing for over 50 years.
Advantages Of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
- Low cost
- Huge return on investment(ROI)
- Easy to modify
- Brand development
- Easy to share
Challenges facing digital marketing:
- We are in the speed of feed era so Creating catchy content in order to attract clients become a necessity.
- Mobile-friendly approach
- Omnichannel marketing strategies.
- complying with privacy and data-sharing regulations.
Some of the internet users may have ad blockers so you may suffer being spam and maybe the ad is removed or skipped if the user pays for premium services.
What Is a Target Audience?
The targeted audience is a major difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing, where the target audience is the groups of people who need or want your product or service. It is so important for any marketer to understand the target persona as it helps him to define a marketing strategy and a marketing plan and increase your ROI too.
Better communication will never be achieved without identifying your target persona and getting so close to them. according to a recent study, 80 percent of consumers say they are more likely to do business with a brand that offers personalized interactions, and this will never be achieved until these brands target their audience.
The targeted audience can be categorized according to:
- Marital status
- Education level
- Who they trust
- What they read/watch
The Difference Between Target Audience and Target Market
Target persona is a small subset of the target market lets give you an example to better understand the difference If your brand is selling clothes then your target market is any fashion event, say you are having a deal at your event location or show your target audience for an ad promoting the sale would be the people attended this show from that location, not all the other location.
How to Determine Your Target Audience?
- Analyze Your audience Base and perform Client Interviews
- Conduct Market Research and Identify Industry Trends
- Analyze Competitors
- Define Who Your Target Audience Isn’t
- Continuously Revise
- Use Google Analytics
To summarize digital marketing. Mega studies have shown that 57% of the global population are internet users and that people spend an average of 6 hours and 42 min per day scrolling online. By 2021 73% of E-commerce sales will be from mobiles.
So hurry up!!! and reserve your place in the new digital era and if you need a tip never hesitate to contact creative minds one of the top digital marketing agencies in Egypt and hub of web development.
Difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing and Which One is Better?
To shorten the answer it depends, and after knowing the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing we can say that nothing is better than the other each one of them has its own advantages and disadvantages as we have cleared above.
However, digital marketing will be better if you want to reach a specific group of the audience and you can get the advantage of getting the cost low. In addition to digital marketing will allow you to collect data instantly and accurately. so you can later start a more effective campaign depending on the older accurate data.
Traditional marketing would be effective if you are targeting elderly people or local audiences. also, traditional marketing somehow stands out better than digital marketing. somehow and for some reason traditional marketing still has a strong presence nowadays.
so after we show the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing we hope you can clearly identify which one is beter for your business.
Find out which one works better for your business
To Find out which one works better for your business you need to know first What is the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing? And to put in mind your target audience on what they depend on to take information and use the collected data to decide which track to get digital marketing or traditional marketing or contact us creative mind agency and we will do the job for you our experts are on the clock for your marketing services.
So If you are wondering about what is the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing? We hope that this article answers all of your questions.